MORNING DEW: 03-10-2018
TOPIC: KING PHARAOH WAS READY TO ACCOMMODATE AND FEED THE NATION OF ISRAEL
16. As soon as the news reached Pharaoh’s palace that Joseph’s brothers had arrived, Pharaoh and his servants were ecstatic.
17. Pharaoh told Joseph, “Be sure to tell your brothers, ‘Do this: load up your livestock, go back to the land of Canaan,
- get your father and your households, and come back to me. I’ll give you the best of the land of Egypt and you can live off the abundance of the land.’
19. In addition,” Pharaoh ordered, “Do this: take some transport wagons from the land of Egypt for your little ones to ride in, along with your wives, and bring your father and come!
20. Don’t worry about your household goods, because the best of all the land of Egypt is yours.”
KING PHARAOH WAS READY TO ACCOMMODATE AND FEED THE NATION OF ISRAEL
When Joseph revealed himself to his brothers, they were all happy. Pharaoh got the news of Joseph’s brothers so he quickly sent for them. He was willing to do anything for them. He was even ready to give them the whole land of Egypt. He was ready to accommodate and feed the whole nation of Israel. He was not joking about it.
He said, “don’t worry about your household goods, because the best of all the land of Egypt is yours.”
That was a pagan king, addressing covenant people. That was uncircumcised king, showing mercy to God’s chosen. In fact that was an idolater being kind to the chosen ones.
This king was far better than Joseph’s brothers. Joseph pleaded for mercy but they refused to give him mercy. He asked for love and they returned hatred. Meanwhile the same people called themselves covenant children. This king was far better than the Christians today who are royal priest, peculiar people, holy and acceptable to the Lord. This man was not among the chosen generation yet he saved people who needed help.
Beloved Christian, how are you doing in the faith? Are people feeling your presence as a Christian? How do you treat people with your resources? How many people have you fed before? A pagan king was ready to feed an entire nation, how many people have you fed so far?
Christianity is not just announcement, it is action. Or you have not heard or read what James says, “faith without works is dead” (James 2:17). I love what James says in verse twenty:
“Do you want proof, you foolish person, that faith without actions is worthless?”
It is time to realize this and begin to work. You can’t claim to love God and hate your fellow, you are a liar and hypocrite.
King Pharaoh as a pagan king was ready to accommodate the entire nation of Israel, feed them and their animals, as a Christian try to accommodate people and feed them. Let’s be like our heavenly father who accommodates and feed both the sinner and the righteous.
God bless you!
Prayer: I am ready to act per my faith Lord, help me Holy Spirit,
Rev. John Wundengba