MORNING DEW: 27-10-2018
TOPIC: THERE IS A REASON
TEXT: ESTHER 4:1-17
- Mordecai gave Hathach a copy of the written decree ordering the Jews destruction that had been issued in Susa. Mordecai wanted him to show it to Esther, to explain it to her, and then to instruct her to go in to the king to seek his favour and plead with him for her people.
- Hathach went and told Esther what Mordecai had said.
- Then Esther spoke to Hathach, instructing him to go back to Mordecai with this message:
- Every servant of the king and every person in the kings provinces knows that for any man or woman who goes to the king in the inner court without being summoned there is only one law that he be put to death unless the king holds out the golden scepter to him. Only then he will live. For these last 30 days I’ve not been summoned to come to the king.
- They reported Esther’s message to Mordecai.
- Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, Don’t suppose that because you are in the palace, you will escape any more than the other Jewish people.
- Indeed, if you are silent at this time, relief and deliverance will come to the Jewish people from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. Who knows but that you were brought to the kingdom for a time like this?
- Then Esther replied to Mordecai,
- Go and gather all the Jewish people who are in Susa and fast for me. Don’t eat or drink for three days, night or day. Both I and my young women will also fast in the same way, and then I’ll go in to the king, even though it’s against the law. And if I perish, I perish.
- Then Mordecai left and did everything that Esther had ordered him.
THE BAD NEWS
The Jews were threatened in the land of Suza by the wicked man Haman. He wanted to wipe out the Jews fraternity from the land of Suza. Then Mordecai sent a message to queen Esther to intervene. Esther tried of playing protocol by saying unless the king invites her she cannot see his face.
Mordecai was not happy with Esther’s reply and then issued a provoking message to her.
“Indeed, if you are silent at this time, relief and deliverance will come to the Jewish people from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. Who knows but that you were brought to the kingdom for a time like this?” (Verse 14)
This message by Mordecai also provoked Esther to intervene despite the law. Looking at the circumstances that brought Esther to the seat as queen was divine purpose.
You may not like your current position as a believer, your newly posted station, your new job, your current situation, but there is a purpose as far as God is concerned.
A Christian doesn’t go to a place without a purpose unless maybe you went in without God’s approval.
Don’t just accept it. Pray to God. Receive His assurance. Then you are ready to move.
Don’t misuse God’s purpose for your life in exchange of material things. Don’t think that you are there for money or gift. When you do your work well all those things will come. Stop chasing material things, because they have limits. Chase God and live forever.
You are where you are because there is a need you need to take care of. Calm down and handle it.
Prayer: Help me Holy Spirit, to carry out my assignment on earth, in Jesus’ Name!
Rev. John Wundengba