If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
As I looked at the above scripture, I asked what it means to be wicked as it relates to our contemporary time. I got a few answers by the Spirit of God. Please this is not targeted at anyone neither is it designed to generate any debate.
WHAT IS WICKEDNESS?
1. Wickedness is when you are battling with a personal weakness, instead of trusting God for victory over such, you silence your conscience, locate a scripture and develop a revelation out of it and market same to others in the name of grace so you can feel good.
Please always remember 2 Tim 2:19, Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Time and season does not change God’s stand on sin. You can still be free if you want.
2. Wickedness is when you careless about the consequences of your actions on another person or the God’s kingdom as long as your immediate desires are gratified.
Please always remember 1 Cor 8:9, But take heed lest this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak.
3. Wickedness is when your prophecies, words of knowledge, teachings and ministrations are intended to get something out of people rather than blessing and pointing them to God.
Please always remember 2 Peter 2:3, And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4. Wickedness is when you see a need you can meet in church or in the life of your Pastor yet, you want him to come begging or prophesying to you to do same.
Please always remember; Deut 12:19, Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou livest upon the earth.
5. Wickedness is when you can meet a physical need in the life of a member of the church yet, you only prayed and released him or her to keep trusting God for a miracle.
Please always remember James 2:15-17, If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
6. Wickedness is when you can pray in tongues, fast for days, go on evangelism yet you can betray, gossip, envy, backbite or destroy someone’s relationship or business.
Please always remember Gal 5:19-21, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
7. Wickedness is when you ignore the basic needs of your parents and immediate family yet you are a generous donor in church and other functions.
Please always remember Eph 6:2-3, Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
8. Wickedness is when you come to know God through someone yet you deny others the privilege of knowing Him through your lifestyle.
Please always remember 1 Cor 8:13, Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
In all of these, please always remember 1 Cor 10:12, Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Someone shout I hear!
Please never forget that this was written in good faith, no intention to be judgmental or critical of anyone.
IF YOU ARE LED TO SHARE WITH SOMEONE OR LIKE THE PAGE TO STAY CONNECTED, PLEASE DO.
GOD BLESS YOU!
See you next Monday on this platform.