Apostle Eric Kwabena Nyamekye is the Chairman of the Church of Pentecost. He was called into ministry in 1991, and has since served in many stations including South Africa where he was a missionary. Before his election to the position of the Chairman of The Church of Pentecost, he served as a member of the Executive Council for five (5) years, and also as Area Head for Koforidua.
He worked with the Youth Ministry of the church as a member of the National Executive Committee and later as a Patron.
Apostle Eric Kwabena Nyamekye holds a Diploma in Human Resource Management from the Institute of Commercial Management – UK, a Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Theology from the University of Manchester, UK and a Master of Arts degree in Religious Studies from University of Ghana, Legon. He is currently pursuing his PhD Degree with the South African Theological Seminary.
Apostle Nyamekye is married to Mama Mary and are blessed with six children.
– He chairs the Executive Council and the General Council meetings.
– He is an ex-officio member of every Board and Committee of The Church.
– He chairs every meeting, convention or rally he attends.
– He directs action on issues and correspondence pertaining to Missionaries and External Branches.
– He is the Chairman of the Missions Board.
– He assigns to the General Secretary and the International Missions Director such duties as he deems necessary.
– He is responsible for appointing an Acting General Secretary or International Missions Director from among the Executive Council members, or Apostles and Prophets during the short absence of the General Secretary or the International Missions Director not exceeding six (6) months.
– He takes decisions and actions with any Area Head where disciplinary or other action is urgently required in an Area and afterwards reports to the Executive Council.
– He organizes retreats, seminars, and prayer sessions for National/Area Heads and Ministers.
– He issues pastoral and circular letters as and when he deems necessary.
– He confers with the General Secretary and the International Missions Director on matters concerning Government and outside bodies.
– He gives a formal address on the state of The Church at every General Council meeting