MORNING DEW: 08-11-2018
TOPIC: DAVID, THE MAN AFTER GOD’S OWN HEART
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 17:12-20
- David was the son of that Ephrathite man named Jesse from Bethlehem in Judah. He had eight sons; at the time when Saul was king he was old, having lived to an advanced age.
- The three oldest sons of Jesse followed Saul into battle. The names of his three sons who went to the battle were his firstborn Eliab, Abinadab, his second son, and Shammah, the third.
- David was the youngest, while the three oldest had followed Saul.
- And David would go back and forth from Saul to tend his father’s sheep in Bethlehem.
- For 40 days the Philistine would come forward, morning and evening, to take his position.
- Jesse told his son David, “Take this Ephah of roasted grain to your brothers, along with these ten loaves of bread, and quickly take them to your brothers in the camp.
- Take these ten pieces of cheese to the commander of the unit, check on the well-being of your brothers, and bring something back from them.
- Saul, your brothers, and all the men of Israel are in the valley of Elah fighting with the Philistines.”
- David got up early in the morning, left the sheep with a keeper, took the supplies, and went as Jesse had directed him. He arrived at the encampment as the army was going out to the battle line, shouting the battle cry.
JOSEPH BROTHERS CONDUCT
Joseph three brothers were with Saul’s army. They were fighting for Saul. They were there when David their brother was anointed as king. They were the people who God rejected.
David’s brothers, three of them, were part of King Saul’s army. They knew that Saul was no more king yet they kept their peace. They carried out their duties as expected. They respected and obeyed the rejected king, Saul. They never discussed what transpired at Bethlehem. They knew Saul was no more king and they knew David their brother was a new king yet they kept mute.
There are certain information’s you dare not expose. Some things are meant for you alone, or within your family. There are Christians today who cannot keep secrets. When you are in church a lot of things happen which are not supposed to be sent out, yet people in the church send such information’s out.
The reason for the external problems in the church is as the results of members who cannot shut their mouths up, everything they want people who are not part of the Church to hear. David’s family wouldn’t do that.
Do you know that they (David’s brothers) would have betrayed David to King Saul? And do you know the consequences, death, right?
King Saul would have killed David prematurely. Betrayal in the church today is becoming too serious. What the unbelievers will not do to themselves, members of the church do. When Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus what happened? Jesus was killed. When you also betray someone you are killing, destroying, blackmailing the person.
Betrayal is evil and should not be mentioned among the brethren.
David quickly left the sheep with some people and took off. He got there at the time the army was going out as usual, just to camp and watch one man defying their God. The Israelites suffered in the hands of the enemy for forty days. The Israelites forgot that they had a living God. They forgot that this same God brought them from the land of Egypt.
When people forget their God that is what happen. When Christians forget that they have a God, He will also forget that He has children. Only those who recognize the abilities of their God see His power.
Don’t just know Him, but also recognize His power.
Prayer: Father, I know that you can do all things, therefore, do it for me, in Jesus’ Name!
Rev. John Wundengba