MORNING DEW: 04/01/2019
THEME: THE ACTION GOD WORKING IN THE HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
TEXT: ESTHER 6:1-14
- That night the king could not sleep, so he gave instructions to bring the book of records, the chronicles, and they were read to the king.
- It was found recorded there that Mordecai had reported about Bigthana and Teresh, two of the kings eunuchs who guarded the entrance to the restricted areas of the palace, and that they had conspired to assassinate King Ahasuerus.
- So the king asked, What honor and distinction was bestowed on Mordecai for this? The young men who served the king answered, Nothing was done for him.
- The king said, Who is in the courtyard? Now Haman had just entered the outer courtyard of the palace to speak to the king about having Mordecai hanged on the pole he had set up.
- The kings young men told him, Look, Haman is standing in the courtyard. The king said, Let him come in.
- After Haman came in, the king asked him, What should be done for the man whom the king desires to honor? Haman told himself, Whom would the king desire to honor more than me?
- Haman answered the king, For a man whom the king desires to honor,…
THE KING COULD NOT SLEEP
The king couldn’t sleep. God would not allow him to sleep because his son was to be executed within six hours. God stirred up the heart of the king. God said “you can’t sleep when the enemy want to execute my son.”
So God flashed his memory to a case that took place long time and was solved and closed.
Books were opened. A certain Jew saved the king and nothing was given to him as a reward. So the season is now. This is the appointed time. God saved that day for a day like this.
Beloved, your name will be remembered this year!
Listen Christian; there is a reason for being denied of certain things, and only God knows. Because we don’t know the plans of God for our lives we do have problems with God and some are given Him names. God works with His own agenda not our resolutions. Your resolutions may not be part of God’s agenda for your life so He may be silent but doesn’t mean He is absent in your case. He knows what He is doing.
Haman described what would be given to the person the king honours because he thought he was the one.
“Then the king told Haman, Quick! Take the clothes and the horse just as you have suggested and do this for Mordecai the Jew who sits in the kings gate. And don’t let anything you’ve suggested fall through the cracks. (Verse 10).
What a shock!
Listen, your enemies, whether they like it or not, they will pen down their signatures for your promotion this year. The time Haman was coming to inform the king and hang Mordecai was the same time Mordecai was honoured by the king through public announcement by the same Haman, the enemy. Wow!
It does not matter when, how, what the plans of the enemies are, God is always at the beginning and the end of the tunnel. They cannot escape God.
Listen, the fact that you did not hear from God does not mean He is far away from you. He is a miraculous God. He is the God ALMIGHTY. He knows what He is doing. Just keep on pressing hard . Keep going. Don’t give up. God is aware of your case and this 2019 is the set time to put all your enemies to shame. Make sure you remain in Him. Don’t leave His presence.
God works with His own time not your time, so wait for God’s right time. Stop giving God days, months, years, it may come real if that is the time He set for you.
Haman was embarrassed, ashamed, troubled. Your enemies will experience same, it’s just the matter of time. There is no need worrying yourself.
There is no need killing your so-called enemies in your prayers, Mordecai never did. Leave them in the hands of the unseen God because the battle is spiritual and it takes spiritual to fight spiritual.
A physical being cannot fight a spiritual being.
Meet the unseen God at the beginning and the end of your case. He is always present.
So Haman took the clothes and the horse, dressed Mordecai, and put him on the horse in the main square of the city…
Prayer: Father, you may be silent but I believe you are working for my sake, in Jesus’ Name!
Rev. John Wundengba
020 9 422 159